THE WEEKLY UPDATE
On this day in history, nothing exciting happened. However, in 1999, a group of people in Amarillo, Texas, were 22 weeks away from establishing an amazing new church.
(Hint: It’s us.)
Ladies, tomorrow is your night. There will be a salad potluck dinner and spa night for all women at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, at MORE. There will be childcare.
There are just a couple of weeks left to sign up for the men’s golf tournament. The scramble is set for 8 a.m., June 29, at Arrowhead. Cost is $50 and includes lunch at the church at 1 p.m. Sign up in the foyer. Talk to Kerry Luke for more information.
For those non-golfing bacon lovers, you can join us for lunch and fellowship at 1 p.m. at the church. Cost is $5.
The Ladies Road Trip to Santa Fe is scheduled for Nov. 1-3. The group will stay at the Hacienda Hotel and Spa. Prices will vary depending on how many people are in each room. Fifty percent of the cost is due by July 14 and the balance is due by Sept. 8. Please see a brochure at the information desk in the foyer.
For those of you who received a prophetic word during the May 19 service, we now have copies available. Please contact Pastor Lyndal to get your copy. We have them for first and second service.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· People of Praise (POP) community group led by Eli/Danielle Ramos, 4 p.m. each Sunday, MORE.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
· Men’s class, led by J.R. Duncan, 9 a.m. (Will be taking a summer break after June 30.)
· Women’s class, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
Monday groups and classes:
· MORE Recovery group, led by Stephanie Hansen, 5:30 p.m., MORE
· Crump Church, 6:30 p.m., MORE
· June 20 – Ladies Night Out, Spa Night/Salad potluck, 6:30 p.m.
· June 23 – Baby dedication
· June 28 – Children’s movie and nachos night, 6:30 p.m.
· June 29 – Men’s golf tournament, 8 a.m., Arrowhead
· June 29 – Men’s lunch after golf tournament for all men, 1 p.m.
· June 30 – Youth’s week to feed the homeless
· July 3 – Children’s Scavenger Hunt, 10 a.m.
· July 4 – Independence Day
· July 7 – First Fruits Offering
· July 12 – Children’s Garden Party, 5 p.m.
· July 14 – Our week to feed the homeless
· July 17 – Church swimming party, 7-9 p.m., SW Pool
· July 21 – Water baptism
· July 28 – Baby dedication
· July 31-Aug. 1 – Youth to Ceta Canyon
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
Items Needed/To Give Away:
· We have someone in the church who has a couple of stoves and a washer/dryer set to give away to someone who is in need. Please contact Pastor Lyndal if you need either of these items.
· Remember to let us know if you have need of something or if you have something to give away. We had the Lord meet a need this week for a bed before we could even put it in the weekly update.
· Pray for Thelma Mathis who had neck surgery Tuesday at NWTH (Room 556).
· Pray for Michelle Barnes Pearce who will be having surgery June 24.
· Pray for Tammy Hawkins’ uncle, H.L. May, who has only one kidney and has been diagnosed with kidney cancer. Doctors will remove the kidney and we will be on dialysis for the rest of his life.
· Pray for the father of Joni Holley and grandfather of Tori Flores who may have a urinary tract infection. This is complicated by him having only one kidney and being a diabetic.
· Pray for member Dianne Sackett who fell recently and broke the neck of her humerus bone.
· Pray for Leroy Wilson, father of Angie Phillips (former elder at MORE), who is in ICU with low O2 levels and is on a ventilator. He is aspirating food into his lungs that causes repeated infections.
· Pray for Jennifer Howell, a single mother who works for the church accountant and handles our payroll. She will have a spinal tap in July to see if she has MS. She also will see her cardiologist to see if she needs a transcranial Doppler on her heart to see if she has PFO. PFO can cause unexplainable strokes or migraines.
· Pray for Mike Hadley who is recovering from double hip replacement surgery.
· Pray for Shelly Mixon’s son, Jacob, as he battles some spiritual issues.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 06/16/19 offering was $19,007.10. Year-to-date giving is $374,241.54. Budget is $357,600. Attendance was 498.
Thoughts for the week:
· “The questions that matter in life are remarkably few and they are all answered by the words, ‘Come unto Me.’ Not, do this or don’t do that but ‘Come unto Me.’ If I will come to Jesus my actual life will be brought into accordance with my real desires.” (Oswald Chambers)
· You saw who you created me to be before I became me! Before I’d ever seen the light of day, the number of days you planned for me were already recorded in your book. (The Passion Translation)
Third grader jokes:
Why were all the ink spots crying?
Their father was in the pen.
What’s brown and sticky?
What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t work?
Why are there so many Johnsons in the phone book?
They all have phones.
Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
Because if they flew over the bay, they’d be bagels.
How do you get down from an elephant?
You don’t get down from an elephant. You get down from a goose.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday morning service is the heartbeat of MORE.
The intercessory prayer group meets at 8:30 a.m.
Grow classes start at 9 a.m.
Worship starts at 10 a.m.
The sermon starts at around 10:45 a.m.
Our normal week to feed the homeless is the second Sunday of each month. Please bring your lunches and put them on the table in the hall near children’s church. Thanks for the help. For more information please contact Bobbi Standish at email@example.com.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nightsis on summer break through August 146:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.