THE WEEKLY UPDATE
What a great time of year. School is back in session. We’ve been getting rain. And fall is right around the corner. You 100-degree days cannot intimidate us anymore this year.
School is back in session but there is still time for one more movie before fall. This month’s Ladies Night Out is set for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. This month it’s movie night with movie night food.
Everyone in the city is invited to a worship and prayer service called, Unify Prayer and Worship For Our City, from 6:00-7:30 p.m. this Sunday in the Heritage Room at the Amarillo Civic Center. It is free and is sponsored by several local churches, including MORE.
We have a few new classes beginning as we close out summer that you may be interested in:
· J.R. Duncan will be leading his Men’s to Shepherd’s group through Experiencing God at 9 a.m. each Sunday. It’s open to all men and begins this Sunday, Aug. 18.
· Gary and Laura Jones will return with their life recovery group, which meets at 6:30 p.m. each Sunday. They will return this Sunday and will also be teaching Experiencing God. This is open to all men and women.
· On Aug. 25, Chantell Hicks will begin a women’s study of the book, The Shack. The class will meet at 9 a.m. each Sunday. Cost of the study guide is about $8.
· Please check our website, www.ilovemore.org, for information on more classes and/or community groups.
Coming up on Sept. 4 will be the return of Wednesday services. We are excited to begin meeting again at 6:30 each Wednesday with worship/prayer, healing/prophetic rooms, children and youth groups. On that first night, the children and youth will have a cookout with a snow cone machine, water games, worship and devotionals.
The first Wednesday of every month in the fall will be a healing and ministry service led by Daniel and Krista Blankenburg. Those dates are Sept. 4, Oct. 2 and Nov. 6. We also will have another ministry time during both services on Sunday, Oct. 20.
As most of you know by now, this is our 20th year as a church – or it will be in late November. So, all members of MORE, are invited to a special dinner and fellowship on Nov. 20 at Legacy Hall on the WTAMU campus. The event will be for people ages 10 and up. It will cost $10 per person but we will refund your money if you show up. Children nine and under will actually enjoy an evening in the childcare area at Trinity Fellowship Church. They have offered to help us since it is on the way to WT. We will have more information along the way. (Signups will begin in September.)
We are still selling new shirts, caps and tote bags to celebrate our 20th year as a church. All items are $12 each and can be purchased at the information desk.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Experiencing God, led by J.R. Duncan, for men, 9 a.m.
· Experiencing God, led by Gary/Laura Jones, for anyone, 6:30 p.m.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
· Women’s class, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m. (Study of The Shack begins Aug. 25)
· August 15 – Ladies Night Out, movie night/movie food, 6:30 p.m.
· August 18 – Men’s to Shepherd’s class returns, Experiencing God, 9 a.m.
· August 18 – Water baptism
· August 18 – Life recovery group returns, 6:30 p.m.
· August 18 – Unify City Prayer Gathering, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Civic Center
· August 23-25 – Church camping trip (limited to first 24)
· August 25 – Baby dedication
· September 1 – First Fruits Offering
· September 4 – Wednesday services return, 6:30 p.m.
· September 6-7 – Kids overnight camp at MORE
· September 8 – Our week to feed the homeless
· September 15 – Water baptism
· September 22 – Baby dedication
· September 29 – Youth feed the homeless
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
Praises and Testimonies:
· Congratulations to Landry and Chloe Waldrip on the birth of their third child on July 23. Son, Burke Dean, was 9 pounds, 1 ounce and 21.5 inches long. All are doing well. Burke is the grandson of Lyndal/Becky Waldrip and nephew of Logan Waldrip.
· Congratulations to PREP participant Jessica Conley. Her daughter gave birth to a new baby August 5.
· Congratulations to PREP participant Jacqueline Zuniga. Her daughter gave birth to a son, Joshua Frankie Jimenez, on Jan. 18. He weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces. Parents are Frankie Jimenez and Jasmine Zuniga.
· Pray for the Hardin and Spencer families. Heather is at High Plains Dermatology this afternoon having skin cancer removed. Her father, Chuck (Raymond) Hardin, was admitted to NWTH Heart Hospital this morning under observation. Meanwhile, her mom Marsha Hardin fell at the hospital and possible broke her knee. She’s in the ER at NWTH.
· Pray for Candi Campbell’s father, Randy, who is in NWTH SICU (B-214) in critical condition. He was having a simple procedure when his heart stopped.
· Pray for Vivian Sanchez’s mother who is recovering at home after having knee replacement surgery last week.
· Pray for Brittany Stevenson’s grandmother who is in much knee pain related to arthritis. She’s on blood thinners and cannot take pain medication.
· Pray for Kenneth “Gabby” Hinds. He is still in pain in his legs and feet.
· Pray for Niki Ratliff Myers who was in a car wreck a while back. She’s having trouble getting her car fixed correctly and needs it for work.
· Pray for Tina Thrasher who is having some hard times right now. Pray also for her ex-husband who has been diagnosed with cancer.
· Pray for Mike Hadley who is recovering from double hip replacement surgery.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 08/11/19 offering was $12,187.66. Year-to-date giving is $491,129.05. Budget is $476,800. Attendance was 466.
Thought for the week:
· Matthew 5:43-44 – “Your ancestors have also been taught, ‘Love your neighbors and hate the one who hates you.’ However, I say to you, love your enemy, bless the one who curses you, do something wonderful for the one who hates you and respond to the very ones who persecute you by praying for them…” (The Passion Translation)
Third grader jokes:
What do Eskimos get from sitting on the ice too long?
What is Mary short for?
She’s just got little legs, I guess.
What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?
They have the same middle name.
Top 10 signs you’re over the hill:
· When you sleep, people worry you’re dead.
· Your back goes out more than you do.
· Your best friend is dating someone half his age and isn’t breaking any laws.
· You wear black socks with sandals.
· Your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.
· It takes longer to rest than it does to get tired.
· Your address book has mostly names that begin with Dr.
· You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.
· Getting “lucky” means you found your car in the parking lot.
· You forget that you already had your 50th birthday.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday morning service is the heartbeat of MORE.
The intercessory prayer group meets at 8:30 a.m.
Grow classes start at 9 a.m.
Worship starts at 10 a.m.
The sermon starts at around 10:45 a.m.
Our normal week to feed the homeless is the second Sunday of each month. Please bring your lunches and put them on the table in the hall near children’s church. Thanks for the help. For more information please contact Bobbi Standish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nightsis on summer break through August 286:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.