THE WEEKLY UPDATE
This day in history is so bad that the only thing worth mentioning is that in 1982 Joan Jett topped the pop charts with “I Love Rock N Roll.” Do any millennials know what a jukebox is?
Oh, well. At least we have MORE. So, what’s happening?
Justin and Cara Young are starting a community group for all ages, including children. The group, called Pursuit, will meet 6:30-8:30 p.m., every Tuesday, in their home, 1929 S. Harrison. They actually began this Tuesday. For more information, contact Justin at 336-6813 or Cara at 640-2091.
If you are a woman who has attained the age of 55 or greater, Debra Crump would like to invite you to a WOW (Women of Wisdom) brunch. The brunch will be 9:30 a.m., April 13, at Debra’s home, 8619 Dallington Dr. (79119). Bring a breakfast food. For more information, contact Debra at 236-7979.
Our own Bruce Ballard participates regularly in the Kairos program that regularly ministers in prisons throughout Texas. His next one will be at the Clements Unit March 28-31. If you would like to volunteer to pray for this group, there are prayer times you can sign for at the information desk at church.
For those who have not signed up for the Seder Meal, you are welcome to sign up on a waiting list. Yes, the Seder is full. Actually, we may have three spots open but that changes constantly. We usually have a few cancellations so if you want to be on the list, sign up at the information desk at church. For those who did sign up, it is at 6 p.m. on April 17. The doors and childcare will open at 5:15 p.m.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.orgor visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Intercessory prayer is at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. This class is led by Jennifer Martin, Danielle Ramos and Linsey Beggs.
· Men’s class, led by J.R. Duncan, 9 a.m.
· Life Recovery group, led by Gary Jones, 6:30 p.m.
· Women’s class led by Chantell Hicks and Jennifer Kiser. Class begins at 9 a.m.
· People of Praise (POP) community group led by Eli/Danielle Ramos, 4 p.m. each Sunday, MORE.
· Marriage class, led by Mike/Tina Hadley, 6:30 p.m., each Sunday, MORE.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
Monday groups and classes:
· Community group led by Troy/Camelia Johnson, 6:30 p.m., first and third Monday of each month, 918 Resenda (79124)
· Crump Church, led by Chantell Hicks and Rip Pope, 6:30 p.m., MORE
· MORE Recovery group, led by Stephanie Hansen, 5:30 p.m., MORE
· March 30 – Healing/prophetic room open, noon-2 p.m.
· March 31 – Youth week to feed the homeless
· April 7 – First Fruits Offering
· April 14 – Our week to feed the homeless
· April 17 – Seder Meal, 6 p.m. (doors open at 5:15 p.m.)
· April 21 – Easter
· April 21 – Water baptism
· April 23 – Ladies Night Out, ice cream social, 6:30 p.m. (schedule change)
· April 25-28 – Upper Room women’s conference, Dallas
· April 26-28 – Stronger Men’s Conference, Springfield, MO
· April 28 – Baby dedication
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., healing/prophetic, worship/prayer, youth/children
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
Praises and Testimonies:
· Amber Howe’s cousin, Alyssa, had successful double mastectomy surgery and she is cancer free. She will not have to have chemotherapy or radiation. She also is the niece of Sandy Howe.
· Pray for the Miller and Martinez family, former members of MORE. Nathan Miller, husband of Gabbie, was killed in an auto accident Tuesday. Son Elijah, 4, was airlifted to Lubbock with major injuries, including multiple broken bones and a spleen injury. Grandmother is Martha Martinez.
· Pray for Don Clay who had a growth removed from his eye this morning. It has been sent to pathology to see if it’s cancerous.
· Pray for Edna Zack who will have a colonoscopy, upper GI and liver scan today. She also has a cyst on her ovary and possible cirrhosis of the liver.
· Pray for Jane, Caitlin Standish’s mother, who has MS and has been sick with bronchitis.
· Pray for Kimberly, niece of Debra Crump, who is battling depression and other things since the death of her mother who is also Debra’s sister.
· Pray for Ronnie/Robin Mullins’ niece, Lindsey Davis and her unborn son, Colson. Lindsey is due April 1.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Brittany Stevenson’s stepbrother, Alex, (brain tumors); Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 03/10/19 offering was $16,526.96. Sunday, 03/17/19 offering was $18,393.20. Year-to-date is $176,126.94. Budget is $163,900. Attendance was 438 and 493.
Thoughts for the week:
· “Religion will always insist that we must do something to improve our relationship with God. How sad, then, when the church acts as if it’s in the religion business rather than in the gospel-proclaiming business. What a disservice, not only to itself but to a world perpetually sinking in the quagmire of religiosity, when it harps on creed, cult and conduct as the touchstones of salvation. What a perversion of the truth that sets us free.” (Robert Capon)
· “In heaven, there are only forgiven sinners. There are no good guys, no upright, successful types who, by dint of their own integrity, have been accepted into the great country club in the sky. In hell, too, there are only forgiven sinners. The sole difference between heaven and hell is that in heaven forgiveness is accepted and passed along while in hell it is rejected and blocked. If we insist on binding other’s debts on them, we will, by not letting grace have its way through us, cut ourselves off from ever knowing the joy of grace in us.” (Robert Capon)
I was riding with my son to pick up his five-year-old grandson, Carson, from kindergarten. He asked him, “Carson, what did you learn in school today?”
After he asked Carson the second time with no answer, I said, “Carson, your granddaddy is asking you a question.”
Never looking up, he said, “He has been to school. He knows what they teach. Please, no more questions!”
· A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but you meant your mother.
· Everyone has a photographic memory. Some people are just out of film.
· I said no to drugs but they just wouldn’t listen.
· My pig learned karate. Now he’s doing pork chops.
· God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Yo’ Mama (is back):
· Yo’ mama is so cross-eyed, she dropped a dime and picked up two nickels.
· Yo’ mama’s glasses are so thick, when she looks at a map she can see people waving.
· Yo’ mama’s teeth are so yellow, when she smiles cars slow down.
· Yo’ mama is so slow her ancestors arrived on the June Flower.
· Yo’ mama is so cheap, when she takes out a dollar, George Washington blinks at the light.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.