THE WEEKLY UPDATE
October 2 was a great day to be born in history. First, it’s the birthday of William A. “Bud” Abbot of Abbot and Costello. Next, it’s the birthday of Julius Henry “Groucho” Marx, one of the five Marx brothers. Either these names are made up or their mother was under the influence – Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo and Gummo.
Join us every Wednesday evening through Nov. 13 for our weekday services. This includes healing/prophetic rooms, worship/prayer as well as children and youth services. All services begin at 6:30 p.m.
The first Wednesday of every month in the fall will be a healing and ministry service led by Daniel and Krista Blankenburg. That includes tonight and Nov. 6. The service begins at 6:30 p.m.
Both of our services on Oct. 20 will be prophetic and healing ministry services. They begin at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. We will have prophetic and healing ministry teams during these services.
Ladies Night Out this month will be bunco and a potluck dinner. It will begin at 6:30 p.m., Oct. 17, at the church. Bring a dish to share and prepare to have a buncolicious evening. Sign up for childcare in the foyer.
Signups for our 20th anniversary celebration continue each week. All members of MORE are invited to a special dinner and fellowship on Nov. 20 at Legacy Hall on the WTAMU campus. The event will be for people ages 10 and up. It will cost $10 per person but we will refund your money if you show up. Children nine and under will actually enjoy an evening in the childcare area at Trinity Fellowship Church. They have offered to help us and it is on the way to WT.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Women’s book study, It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way, led by Jennifer Martin, 6:30 p.m.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
· Patti Conner leads a class at 10:30 a.m. each Sunday morning.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
· Women’s class, The Shack, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
· Experiencing God, led by J.R. Duncan, for men, 9 a.m.
· Experiencing God, led by Gary/Laura Jones, for anyone, 6:30 p.m.
· October 6 – First Fruits Offering, Pattaya Slum Ministry
· October 13 – Our week to feed the homeless
· October 17 – Ladies Night Out, 6:30 p.m., Bunco/potluck dinner
· October 20 – Ministry and Prophetic services, 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
· October 20 – Water baptism
· October 27 – Baby dedication
· November 2-3 – Daylight Saving Time (fall back one hour)
· November 3 – First Fruits Offering
· November 10 – Our week to feed the homeless
· November 13 – Final night of the year for mid-week services
· November 16 – Handmade Holiday Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· November 17 – Water baptism
· November 20 – Anniversary dinner, 6:30 p.m.
· November 24 – Baby dedication
· November 28 – Thanksgiving Day
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, youth service for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Tanya Garner’s parents, Ralph and Lila Bates. Lila is back in the hospital with severe chronic health issues and her labs are out of whack. Ralph is under a lot of stress and suffers from heart issues.
· Pray for Crystal Chambers’ mother who has had a recent thyroid biopsy.
· Pray for Sherry Moore’s uncle, his son and daughter. All three of them are battling cancer right now.
· Pray for Ryan Davies, new husband of Jamie Miller, who has been having a lot of trouble related to recent back surgery. He’s in pain and not able to work yet.
· Pray for Elaine Standish who is at Five Pointes Nursing and Rehab.
· Pray for Pastor Seth and wife Anastina from Tanzania (a ministry we have helped in the past). She is ill with a stomach tumor and mental issues.
· Pray for Chuck Melear who has been in a long battle with throat cancer.
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 09/29/19 offering was $11,730.08. Year-to-date giving is $592,718.81. Budget is $588,100. Attendance was 468.
Thought for the week:
· Declaration of Financial Blessing: “We honor You with our first fruits at the beginning of this month because we want You to bless October. We believe for plenty instead of lack. We believe for overflow and not just enough. We believe for enough to bless others. We will give and not take. We will lend and not borrow. The devourer must stay away from our finances. He will not destroy the fruit of our labor. Whatever we put our hands to will prosper. Thank You, Father, that as we being to walk in faith, You will shower us with blessings, favor and increase. (Deut. 2:9-19, Deut. 28:1-13, 2 Cor. 9:7, Prov. 3:9-10, Malachi 3:6-12)
· There was a jailbreak and I saw a midget prisoner climb up the fence. As he jumped down, he sneered at me and I thought, “Well, that’s a little condescending.”
· I’m trying to think of a Miley Cyrus joke but it’s not twerking.
· A cop came to my house and wanted to know where I was between 5 and 6. I told him kindergarten.
· What’s the best part about living in Switzerland? I’m not certain but the flag is a big plus.
· She had a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.
On a recent flight, an elderly passenger kept peering out the window. Since it was totally dark, all she could see was the blinking light on the tip of the wing.
Finally, she rang for the flight attendant. “I’m sorry to bother you,” she said, “but I think you should inform the pilot that his left-turn indicator is on and has been for some time.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.