THE WEEKLY UPDATE
Happy birthday to everyone born on this date. If you were born on Feb. 6 then you’re in good company. Some of the notables of this day are Aaron Burr, 3rd U.S. vice president (1756); Babe Ruth, no description needed (1895); Ronal Reagan (1911); Mary Douglas Leakey, archaeologist (1913); and Bob Marley (1945). Enjoy your day.
Pastor Daryl will begin a new series this week. The series is called, “The Real Jesus,” and will last a couple of months.
This Sunday is our day to feed the homeless. If you can provide meals, please bring them Sunday and put them on the table near the prayer room by the southwest entrance.
For more information on how to help or what to put in the meals, please contact Bobbi Standish at 570-8143.
All adult women are invited to Ladies Night Out, set for 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 21, The schedule includes a baked potato bar for supper followed by game night. If you’re coming, please bring your favorite topping for the taters. Please sign up in the foyer for specific foods and if you need childcare.
The men of the church, and other men who want to come, will come together for fellowship and breakfast at 9 a.m., Feb. 23. Please sign up at the front desk so we will know how much bacon to buy. Vegetables will not be served.
Please check the calendar below for more information. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Women’s class, led by Chantell Hicks and Jennifer Kiser, studying “Gideon” by Priscilla Shier. Class begins at 9 a.m.
· People of Praise (POP) community group led by Eli/Danielle Ramos, 4 p.m. each Sunday, MORE.
· Marriage class, led by Mike/Tina Hadley, 6:30 p.m., each Sunday, MORE.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer is at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. This class is led by Jennifer Martin, Danielle Ramos and Linsey Beggs.
· Men’s class, led by J.R. Duncan, 9 a.m.
· Life Recovery group, led by Gary Jones, 6:30 p.m.
Monday groups and classes:
· Community group led by Troy/Camelia Johnson, 6:30 p.m., first and third Monday of each month, 918 Resenda (79124)
· All or Nothing group, led by Stephanie Hansen, 5:30 p.m., MORE
· Crump Church, led by Chantell Hicks and Rip Pope, 6:30 p.m., MORE
· February 10 – Our week to feed the homeless
· February 17 – Water baptism
· February 21 – Ladies Night Out, game night/baked potato bar, 6:30 p.m.
· February 23 – Men’s breakfast, 9 a.m.
· February 24 – Baby dedication
· March 1 – Children’s etiquette night, 6:30 p.m.
· March 3 – First Fruits Offering
· March 9 – Healing/prophetic room training, noon-2 p.m.
· March 10 – Daylight Saving Time, spring forward
· March 10 – Our week to feed the homeless
· March 13 – No Wednesday services, Spring Break
· March 17 – Water baptism
· March 24 – Baby dedication
· March 30 – Healing/prophetic room open, noon-2 p.m.
· March 31 – Youth week to feed the homeless
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – All or Nothing DAA group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., healing/prophetic, worship/prayer, youth/children
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for new attender Todd Pitney who is recovering from double foot surgery in Vibra Rehab Hospital.
· Pray for Esther Brown’s father, 86, who was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Houston with TIA symptoms.
· Pray for Cheller Roach and her children as they mourn the death of daughter Chloe’s father and Hunter and Gunner’s stepfather.
· Pray for Terri Hughes’ mother, Margaret Henry, who has pneumonia and is in NWTH.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Brittany Stevenson’s stepbrother, Alex, (brain tumors); Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 02/03/19 offering was $19,147.62. Year-to-date giving is $75,204.33. Budget is $74,500. First Fruits Offering to replace heaters in the nursery so far is $5,852.83. We will begin replacing two units within the next week. Attendance was 545.
Thought for the week:
· “An attitude of gratitude – of genuine thanksgiving – is not simply an appropriate social response to another person’s kind or generous action. It is a supernatural force – a place of strength from which we can live. Gratitude to God, appreciation for our family and friends, and thankfulness for the biggest and smallest of blessings, elevates us above demonic enticements. It gives an accurate view of life’s purpose and priorities.” (30 Days of Healing, Day 23, Paul Richards)
· A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.
· For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
· He who hesitates is probably right.
· Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
· Eagles may soar but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
There’s a nudist colony for communists. Two old men are sitting on the front porch. One turns to the other and says, “I say, old boy, have you read Marx?” And the other says, “Yes. I believe it’s these wicker chairs.”
Early one spring morning, Papa Mole decided to check out the sounds and smells of the new season. He traveled along his burrow until he could stick his head out and survey the area. It was such a beautiful morning, he quickly called to Mama Mole to come join him.
Papa Mole said, “It is such a beautiful spring morning. I hear the birds singing and I smell…bacon…yes, someone if frying! It smells so good.”
Mama Mole said, “It is indeed a beautiful morning and why, yes, I think I smell someone cooking pancakes. Yes, delicious buckwheat pancakes! Come quick, Baby Mole, you must experience these delectable sounds and smells!”
Baby Mole raced along the burrow but could not squeeze past his parents. Mama Mole said, “Do you smell those delicious smells of breakfast, Baby Mole? Doesn’t it make you hungry and happy that spring is here?”
Baby Mole replied, somewhat disgruntled, his voice a bit muffled as he tried to squeeze past his parents again, “I wouldn’t know. All I can smell is molasses!”
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.