THE WEEKLY UPDATE
On this date in 1969, John Lennon and Yoko Ono staged a bed-in for peace in Amsterdam. I don’t know what that is but it could be the original form of social distancing in the U.S.
As most, or all, of you know, all church functions have been cancelled until further notice. So, when you read about them down page, it’s being left in the update so people can remember what will return once we are set free from virus jail.
Although we missed the interaction and community of our church family, the first Sunday of online church went pretty well. Last checked, we had 567 views which adds up to more than a thousand people. That’s more than double our Sunday attendance.
Here is a link that will take you directly to our YouTube page (MORE Music and Media) This is the easiest way to access it. You also can go to our website, www.ilovemore.org, and click on the big red button with white arrow at the top. We also have information available on our Facebook page:
We ask you to continue to pray for the church, our families and the city, state, country and world. We also ask that you continue to support the church financially as well. Checks and money orders can be mailed to PO Box 51465, Amarillo, TX 79159. You can go to our website, www.ilovemore.org, and give online. One of our favorite methods is through regular bank drafts. It’s easy to set up and the church gets all of the money - no fees paid to PayPal or Square.
If you need to get in touch with one of the staff during this time, please go to our website and look for us there. Or, you can find most of us on Facebook. My cell is 584-0635.
The Seder Meal will most likely be rescheduled. We will update you once we have a new date.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes (TEMPORARILY ON HOLD:
· Mike/Tina Hadley and J.R./Angie Duncan lead a Sunday night community group each week for couples. The group meets at 6:30 p.m. each Sunday at either the home of Mike and Tina, 6702 Gainsborough, or the home of J.R. and Angie Duncan, 1230 Bonham. There is childcare available at the church. For more information and to see which home is hosting each week, contact the Hadleys at 206-9199 or the Duncans at 677-3037.
· Women’s class, 9 a.m., a study called, “20/20. Seen. Chosen. Sent.” by Christine Caine. The class is led by Chantell Hicks.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. (I SUPPOSE INTERCESSORS COULD STILL MEET BY FACETIME OR JUST AGREE TO PRAY AT 9 A.M. EACH SUNDAY.)
· Men’s class, 9 a.m., Mansfield’s Book of Manly Men: An Utterly Invigorating Guide to Being Your Most Masculine Self by Stephen Mansfield. Led by J.R. Duncan.
· April 5 – First Fruits Offering
· April 12 – Easter
· April 12 – Our week to feed the homeless
· April 17 – Children’s Sock Hop, 6:30 p.m. (TBD)
· April 19 – Water baptism (TBD)
· April 26 – Baby dedication (TBD)
May Schedule (MOST DATES TO BE DETERMINED):
· May 2 – Women’s May Day tea, 9 a.m. to noon
· May 3 – First Fruits Offering
· May 10 – Our week to feed the homeless)
· May 17 – Water baptism
· May 25 – Memorial Day
· May 31 – Youth week to feed the homeless
Weekly Schedule (ON HOLD):
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, youth service for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: 6:30 p.m., Mike/Tina Hadley couples group
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Wednesday services
· Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. (first/third each month), Debra Crump women’s group
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
Praises and Testimonies:
· To provide encouragement, we want to share a praise. Last week during a PREP meeting, we prayed for Andy Navarrete’s mother who was having some tests done. When doctors took a look at her the next day, there was no more blockage. She was fine.
· Pray for the Hadley family. Tina’s father passed away this week after a long illness. The family will travel to Kansas for the funeral.
· Pray for Amanda Clayton who is awaiting results on a possible cancerous mass.
· Pray for Candi Campbell’s father, Randy, who is in NWTH ICU with a staph infection.
· Pray for former member Cathe Powledge and her family. Her mom has been critically ill in a Lubbock hospital. Her father called this week and asked her to come to Lubbock to make some decisions.
· Pray for Paula Butler’s daughter, Tymberlie Tidwell, who is going through some health struggles.
· Pray for Danny, the husband of Paula Butler’s cousin, who has been diagnosed with throat cancer.
· Pray for Jennifer Howell, the single mom who handles the church’s payroll and bank statements. She has been diagnosed with MS.
· Pray for Zander, nine-year-old grandson of Becky Rowlins, who continues cancer treatment.
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 03/22/20 offering was $6,833.61. Year-to-date is $193,652.80. Budget is $181,200. Attendance was, uh, 567 views on YouTube.
Thought for the week:
· “When failure happens, we must think like this: ‘I may have sinned but I am not a sinner. I may have had an accident but I have a covenant of protection. I may be in lack but I am a prosperous person. Healing may not have manifested but I am healed and bring healing to others.’ I don’t deny my experience, I just don’t create my identity from it. I may need help from others concerning the failure but I resist the temptation to make negative conclusions from it.
“Those who passively rely on experience to identify who they are (and who God is) will greatly limit God in their lives; however, those who seize these crucial moments by taking thoughts captive will powerfully break down restrictive strongholds and enter into the promised land.” (Day 22, Igniting Faith in 40 Days, Steve and Wendy Backlund)
My boss texted me, “Send me one of your best jokes.” I answered, “I’m working right now. I’ll send one to you later.”
He replied, “Terrific! Can you send me another one?”
I hope cell phones aren’t bad for us but I would like the excuse: “I can’t talk right now. You’re giving me cancer.” (Whitney Cummings)
Q: Who’s the patron saint of email?
A: St. Francis of a CC.
Q: What did one toilet say to the other toilet?
A: You look a little flushed.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2020 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.