THE WEEKLY UPDATE
Thanks to everyone who helped with MORE Angels last week. We were able to shop, buy and wrap gifts for 47 children in four hours. Our church is full of rock stars. If you would like to be a rock star then come to MORE. Just sayin’…
Ladies, ladies, ladies. Remember, the Ladies Night Out Christmas party is at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a gift not to be more than $10. It can be funny or thoughtful. For more information, please contact Becky Waldrip at 672-8420.
On Friday, children are invited to come participate in our Polar Express night. Drop off children ages birth through fifth grade at 6:30 p.m. They should be finished by 8 p.m. Please contact Kim Golden for more information.
We will have regular service times on Sunday, Dec. 23. We will have our annual half-hour Christmas Eve family service at 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 24. There will be no other services at the church on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
The men’s class, led by J.R. Duncan, will not meet Dec. 23 or 30. The class will resume Jan. 6.
All or Nothing, a new Drug Addicts Anonymous class, will begin at MORE on Jan. 7. Stephanie Hansen will lead the one-hour class at 5:30 p.m. every Monday in the classroom. This class is open to anyone struggling with drug, alcohol or other addictions. The class will finish each week in time for people to go to the sanctuary for Crump Church if they want. All or Nothing is a 12-step program that incorporates the Big Book of AA. There also may be a new class at the same time for newcomers. For more information, contact Pastor Lyndal at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Hansen.
When we return in January, there will be no more Tuesday services. We have decided to incorporate Tuesday’s healing/prophetic rooms and worship/prayer with Wednesday’s services for children and youth. All of these will begin at 6:30 p.m. each Wednesday beginning Jan. 9.
During January, we also will have special nights of praise with a prayer focus on healing during the service.
In the near future, the women’s class led by Chantell Hicks and Jennifer Kiser, will change studies. They will begin studying “Gideon” by Priscilla Shier. We will let you know the date.
Please check the calendar below for more information. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Gary Jones leads a class called “Fight!” at 6:30 p.m. at the church.
· Women’s class, study “The Quest” by Beth Moore, meets at 9 a.m., in the classroom. Led by Chantell Hicks and Jennifer Kiser
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer is at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. This class is led by Jennifer Martin, Danielle Ramos and Linsey Beggs.
· J.R. Duncan leads a men’s study of the “Conquer” book at 9 a.m. at the church. (will not meet 12/23 and 12/30)
· People of Praise community group led by Eli/Danielle Ramos, meets at 4 p.m. each Sunday at the church.
· December 13 – Ladies Night Out Christmas Dinner, 6:30 p.m.
· December 14 – Polar Express night for children, 6:30 p.m.
· December 16 – Water baptism and baby dedication
· December 24 – Christmas Eve service, 5:30 p.m.
· December 25 – Christmas Day
· December 30 – Youth week to feed the homeless
· January 1 – New Year’s Day
· January 6 – First Fruits Offering for the benevolence fund
· January 7 – New All or Nothing (DAA) class begins, 5:30 p.m.
· January 9 – Wednesday services resume (hr/pr, worship/prayer, youth/children)
· January 13 – Our week to feed the homeless
· January 20 – Water baptism
· January 27 – Baby Dedication
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., GROW classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: 4 p.m., POP Community Group, fellowship hall
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Desiree Vansickle, Clint’s wife, who was released from the hospital today after treatment for a kidney infection. She will return on Saturday to be induced for the birth of their child.
· Pray for Elaine Standish who is recovering from surgery. She is in Room 2921 at Vibra Rehab on West 9th.
· Pray for Camelia Johnson who is recovering from surgery on both knees.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Becky Rowlins’ grandson, Zander (chemo/radiation); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 12/09/18 offering was $12,264.09. Year-to-date giving is $712,795.97. Budget is $686,000. Attendance was 501.
Thought for the week:
· Declaration of Dominion: How excellent is Your Name in all the earth! Jesus’ name is above every name. Nothing is bigger or stronger than He is. Disease, tragedy, poverty, addiction and every demon from hell must bow before His Great Name! I will not walk in fear of anything, anyone or any circumstance. Our enemy has been cast down and disarmed. You have crowned us with glory an honor. You have given us dominion over all creation. You have put all things under our feet. (Psalm 8, Phil 2:9, Rev. 12:10)
See if you can translate the following into the familiar sayings we’ve all heard before. See answers below.
· The stylus is more potent than the claymore.
· It is fruitless to attempt to indoctrinate a superannuated canine with innovative maneuvers.
· Eschew the implement of correction and vitiate the scion.
· The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled saucepan does not reach 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
· All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
· Where there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there is conflagration.
· The pen is mightier than the sword.
· You can’t teach and old dog new tricks.
· Spare the rod and spoil the child.
· A watched pot doesn’t boil.
· All that glitters is not gold.
· Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
Jesus said unto his disciples, “Whom do men say that I am?”
And his disciples answered unto Him, “Master, thou art the supreme eschatological manifestation of omnipotent ecclesiastical authority, the absolute, divine, sacerdotal monarch.”
And Jesus said, “What?”
A nervous preacher forgot his notes for the sermon he was about to deliver. So, he decided to “wing” it. In the middle of his address he got a few things twisted when he declared that the Lord took 4,000 barley loaves and 6,000 fishes, fed 24 people and had plenty left over.
A heckler in the congregation called out, “Anybody could do that, preacher.”
“Could you,” asked the minister.
“Certainly, I could.”
After the service, when the preacher complained about the interrupter’s conduct, he was told of his error by a deacon.
“Well, next week I will not forget my notes. I’ll fix that character.”
The next week the minister stepped forward confidently and began his sermon. In the course of his remarks, he corrected the numbers mentioned last Sunday. He told how five barley loaves and two fishes had fed the multitude of probably 24,000 thousand people. Then he pointed to the previous Sunday’s heckler and asked, “Could you do that?”
“I sure could,” said the heckler.
“And just how would you do it?” asked the preacher.
“With the loaves and fishes left over from last Sunday.”
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday NightsOn winter break; will resume Jan. 9th6:30-8 PM
January 2019 Nights of Healing & WorshipHealing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2018 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.