Sun, January 12, 202011:00 AM
In partnership with other local churches and the city, approximately 200 sack lunches are distributed to the homeless in downtown Amarillo every weekend. MORE has committed to donating and delivering these lunches every second and fifth Sunday of the month. The lunches contain messages of salvation, hope, and most of all, love.
Here are the guidelines for the meal structure:
In accordance with city ordinances, everything in your lunch sack must be pre-packaged – nothing can be made at home.
Each lunch should include:
- a piece of fresh fruit (banana or orange-a fruit with skin);
- a pack of crackers, chips or other packaged snack;
- cookies or another sweet;
- can of Vienna sausage, pouch of tuna or pop-top can of fully-cooked, ready-to-go ravioli, soup etc. (please include an eating utensil).
- Optional items include a small sleeve of packaged crackers, sticks of string cheese or small package of peanuts or other nuts.
For more information, contact us or Gary Jones, the coordinator for this outreach.
Please drop your lunches off at the church on Sunday morning. There will be a table set up in the SW hallway.