THE WEEKLY UPDATE
On this day in 1835, Texans officially proclaimed independence from Mexico and called itself the Lone Star Republic, after its flag, until admission to the Union in 1845. And the Lord said, “Let the greatness begin.”
Now, on to the happenings at MORE.
This is the final Wednesday night service of 2019 so come get prayer for healing, receive a prophetic word or enjoy some worship and prayer. Wednesday services will resume Jan. 8, 2020.
Our annual Handmade Holiday Market is set for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, at the church. The market is open to the public and features handmade items created or produced by MORE members. Items for sale will include jewelry, Christmas ornaments and wreaths, homemade bath products, local organic tea, peanut brittle and more. There is no cost to come shop.
While at the market, come to the foyer and see the chili cook-off. Judging will begin about 11:30 a.m. Trophies and church bragging rights will be awarded for first, second and People’s Choice.
Tonight, is the final time to sign up for the 20-year anniversary dinner and celebration. We will have a great meal plus share some stories from the past and worship from a few of our different eras. Pastor Daryl also will share some of his thoughts for the future of MORE. Cost is $10 per person for those ages 10 and up but we will refund your money if you show up to the meal. We will meet at 6:30 p.m., Nov. 20, at Legacy Hall on the WTAMU campus. There is no assigned seating. Children nine and under will actually enjoy an evening in the childcare area at Trinity Fellowship Church.
The women’s Christmas party will begin sign ups this Sunday. The dinner is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Dec. 12, at the church. There is no money needed to sign up. Childcare will be available.
The Branches community group that meets twice a month at the home of Patrick and Shelly Wood is taking a break for the holidays. The group will resume meeting Jan. 12, 2020.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Women’s book study, It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way, led by Jennifer Martin, 6:30 p.m.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
· Women’s class, The Rescue: Setting Captives Free by Dee Brestin, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
· Experiencing God, led by J.R. Duncan, for men, 9 a.m.
· November 13 – Final night of the year for mid-week services
· November 16 – Handmade Holiday Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· November 20 – Anniversary dinner, 6:30 p.m.
· November 24 – Water baptism and baby dedication
· November 24 – Deacon ordination (after the service)
· November 28 – Thanksgiving Day
· December 1 – FFO for MORE Angels
· December 6 – Polar Express for children, 6:30 p.m.
· December 8 – Our week to feed the homeless
· December 12 – Ladies Christmas Dinner and party, 6:30 p.m.
· December 14 – MORE Angels shopping and wrapping, 9 a.m.
· December 15 – Water baptism
· December 18 – Youth Christmas party, 6:30 p.m.
· December 22 – Baby dedication
· December 24 – Christmas Eve service, 5:30-6:00
· December 25 – Christmas Day
· December 29 – Youth feed the homeless
· December 31 – New Year’s Eve
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, youth service for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Kenneth “Gabby” Hinds. Doctors found a growth on his lung. They say it’s not cancer but want to keep an eye on it.
· Pray for Laura Jones’ brother-in-law who was in a motorcycle accident Saturday.
· Pray for former member Candace Moses’ family. Her brother-in-law Van Hopson was killed in a motorcycle accident Sunday.
· Pray for Cameron, Desiree Vansickle’s uncle, who had bypass surgery Monday.
· Pray for Janell Fleet’s mother, Jan, who is recovering at home with a life vest after having several stents put in followed by complications.
· Pray for Lavonda Adkins, mother of PREP participants Angela and Anna, who has been diagnosed with a pancreas issue.
· Pray for Birdie, Lonnie and Delinda Flake’s granddaughter who has TB and will be on antibiotics for six to eight weeks. She is not contagious.
· Pray for Claire Roach, the mother of two of Pastor Daryl and Wendy Roach’s grandchildren, as she recovers from an auto accident.
· Pray for Mark Williams, the godfather of Janet Johnson’s daughter. His pancreas failed and doctors found cancer in his stomach.
· Pray for Ryan Davies, husband of Jamie Miller, who has been having a lot of trouble related to recent back surgery. He has a pinched nerve that the doctor said can only be treated with pain injections or medication. He is not able to work.
· Pray for Shelly Mixon’s unborn grandbaby who is due in March. A sonogram showed that its intestines are outside the body. The parents were told the baby will need surgery upon birth.
· Pray for Chuck Melear who has been in a long battle with throat cancer.
· Pray for Pastor Seth and wife Anastina from Tanzania (a ministry we have helped in the past). She is ill with a stomach tumor and mental issues.
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 11/10/19 offering was $14,351.56. Year-to-date giving is $680,889.93. Budget is $677,500. Attendance was 474.
Thoughts for the week:
· “If kids don’t pay attention to their parents, it’s probably because the parents don’t pay much attention to them.” (Cal Farley)
· “Having nothing to do has ruined more kids than any other single factor.” (Cal Farley)
· “If all boys were taught responsibility and ‘how to work,’ 75 percent of our delinquency in America today would not exist.” (Cal Farley)
“My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far, I’ve finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” (Dave Barry)
“Marry an orphan: You’ll never have to spend boring holidays with the in-laws.” (George Carlin)
“If I had to describe myself in one word, it would be ‘bad at following instructions.’” (Matt Roller)
“Pie can’t compete with cake. Put candles in a cake, it’s a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie and somebody’s drunk in the kitchen” (Jim Gaffigan)
“I found a Justin Bieber concert ticket nailed to a tree so I took it. You never know when you might need a nail.”
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Join us for prophetic worship, coupled with healing prayer, prophetic ministry and a different prayer focus each night. This is the heartbeat of MORE.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday NightsThese services are on break & will resume January 86:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.