THE WEEKLY UPDATE
We only have one Wednesday service left before we take a summer break. If you need prayer or a prophetic word or would like to participate in worship and prayer, next Wednesday is it. Service begins at 6:30 p.m. We also will take a break in the children and youth areas.
This Sunday, we will have a prophetic and ministry service during the 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services. Intercessory prayer will not meet that morning and the youth will stay in the second service.
The men’s Sunday School class that meets at 9 a.m. each Sunday will not meet on May 19. It will resume the following week.
While Wednesday services are taking a break, we will have picnic in the park from 6:00-8:30 p.m. on June 12. Join us at Sam Houston Park for an evening for fellowship.
On June 20, there will be a Ladies Night Out at the church. All women are invited at 6:30 p.m. for a spa night and salad potluck dinner. Please sign up in the foyer.
It’s time to sign up for the men’s golf tournament, scheduled for 8 a.m., June 29, at Arrowhead. Cost is $50 and includes lunch at the church at 1 p.m. Sign up in the foyer. Talk to Kerry Luke for more information.
If you don’t want to play golf but would like to join us for lunch, the lunch will be at 1 p.m. at the church. I’m not sure about the cost at this moment.
This is the first call for the Ladies Road Trip to Santa Fe, scheduled for Nov. 1-3. The group will stay at the Hacienda Hotel and Spa. Prices will vary depending on how many people are in each room. Fifty percent of the cost is due by July 14 and the balance is due by Sept. 8. Please see a brochure at the information desk in the foyer.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.orgor visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Women’s class, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
· People of Praise (POP) community group led by Eli/Danielle Ramos, 4 p.m. each Sunday, MORE.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer is at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. This class is led by Jennifer Martin, Danielle Ramos and Linsey Beggs.
· Men’s class, led by J.R. Duncan, 9 a.m.
Monday groups and classes:
· Crump Church, 6:30 p.m., MORE
· MORE Recovery group, led by Stephanie Hansen, 5:30 p.m., MORE
· Community group led by Troy/Camelia Johnson, 6:30 p.m., first and third Monday of each month, 918 Resenda (79124)
· May 19 – Water baptism
· May 22 – Children’s Church dipping party
· May 22 – Youth cook out
· May 22 – Wednesday services end for the summer
· May 26 – Baby dedication
· May 27 – Memorial Day
· June 2 – First Fruits Offering
· June 9 – Our week to feed the homeless
· June 12 – MORE Picnic in the Park, 6 p.m., Sam Houston
· June 16 – Water baptism
· June 16 – Father’s Day
· June 20 – Ladies Night Out, Spa Night/Salad potluck, 6:30 p.m.
· June 23 – Baby dedication
· June 28 – Children’s movie night, 6:30 p.m.
· June 29 – Men’s golf tournament, 8 a.m., Arrowhead
· June 29 – Men’s lunch after golf tournament for all men, 1 p.m.
· June 30 – Youth’s week to feed the homeless
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., healing/prophetic, worship/prayer, youth/children (ends for summer on May 22)
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Kayleigh Frank, fiancée of Kerry Luke’s son Josh. Kayleigh had an aneurysm on Tuesday and is now in a Lubbock hospital in an induced coma.
· Pray for Carrie Henard’s family. Her brother, Pat Lemmer, died from a head injury after falling while hiking in New Mexico.
· Pray for David Wilson who is recovering from surgery on Monday.
· Pray for the Hadley family. Tina is recovering from surgery to put stents in to help with kidney stones and Mike has met with doctors and is awaiting treatment on his ailing back.
· Pray for Heather Spencer’s father-in-law who was hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism.
· Pray for Elicia, a new nursery worker at MORE. One of her family members was killed in a an auto accident recently.
· Pray for Roy Campbell’s daughter, Raylynn Chapman, who is recovering in his home from a major auto accident.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 04/28/19 offering was $10,306.75. Offering for Sunday, 05/05/19, was $18,536.45. Sunday offering for May 12 was 10,227.04. Year-to-date giving is $295,533.36. Budget is $283,100. First Fruits Offering for HopeChoice Pregnancy Center so far is $2,669.19. Attendance the past three weeks was 488, 509 and 529.
Thought for the week:
· In his own quest for Jesus, Philip Yancey found the need to… “strip away layers of dust and grime applied by the church itself. In my case, the image of Jesus was obscured by the racism, intolerance and petty legalism of fundamentalist churches.” (Philip Yancey)
This couple is killed the night before their wedding. They go to heaven and they ask St. Peter if they can be married. St. Peter says, “Okay. I’ll come and get you when we can do that.”
Ten years later, he tells the couple, “Okay. We can have your wedding now.” So, they get married with a minister and flowers, nice music and all but soon realize they made a mistake.
They go to St. Peter and say they want a divorce. St. Peter says, “Okay. I’ll come and tell you when we can do that.”
The couple asks, “How long will that take?”
St. Peter replies, “It took 10 years to get a preacher up here. Who knows how long it’s going to take before a lawyer shows up!”
A bunch of salesmen went to the funeral of another salesman. They looked down at him in his coffin. “Gosh, he looks terrible. What did he have?”
“North Dakota, South Dakota, western Minnesota…”
This guy’s father dies and he tells the funeral director he wants to give his dad the very best. So, they have the funeral and the director sends him a bill for $16,000. He pays it. A month later, he gets a bill for $85, which he pays.
The next month there’s another $85 bill and the next month there’s another. Finally, the guy calls up the funeral director.
The director says, “Well, you said you wanted the best for your dad so I rented him a tux.”
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
GROW at MORE is essentially sunday school with ever changing topics of study including: Hosting God's Presence, Parenting, Dream Interpretation and there's also GROW Kids.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.