THE WEEKLY UPDATE
This day is the birth date of a former president, a potential future president and one of America’s favorite stars. Happy birthday wishes to “The Fonz” (Henry Winkler, 1945), John Adams (1735, second president of the U.S. who helped draft the Declaration of Independence) and, finally, to my grandson (Layton Waldrip, 2011).
This Sunday begins with a snore. Remember, it’s Daylight Savings Time so you get to sleep an hour longer or stay up an hour later. Your choice. Just remember to turn your clocks back one hour when you go to bed on Saturday.
Then, when you get to church, help us help several children have a wonderful Christmas. We will have the First Fruits Offering that will go toward MORE Angels. Through MORE angels, we purchase Christmas gifts for the children of our PREP program as well as other needy children in our church. For us to do what we want to do each year, we need more than $4,000. Please try to help us with this. Our Angel list is already full but you can speak to Pastor Lyndal if you have a suggestion.
We also will need volunteers to help shop and wrap the presents. We will do the shopping and wrapping on Dec. 8. There will be a sign-up sheet in the foyer. We will have childcare for this as well.
Also, this Sunday, the new People of Praise (POP) community group will begin meeting at 4 p.m. each week at the church. Eli and Danielle Ramos lead this group that will meet in the children’s church area. People of Praise (POP) will enjoy a meal together each week followed by worship, prayer requests, fellowship and ministry. Children will be in the group with their parents. This group is open to all ages. For more information, contact Eli at 679-3251 or Danielle at 340-4675.
Our Handmade Holiday Market is set for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Nov. 17, at the church. This event is open to the public. MORE members will be selling homemade and/or homemade wares such as jewelry, gifts, jelly, candy, housewares, art, spices and other things. Admission is free.
At the same time as the craft fair, we will have the 3rd Annual MORE Chili Cook Off. This is open to MORE members. Those who sign up need to cook their chili at home and bring to the church in a crock pot between 10-10:30 a.m.
There are only three more weeks left in our fall schedule. The healing/prophetic rooms and worship/prayer run 6:30-8:00 p.m. each Tuesday. At the same time on Wednesdays, Patti Conner is teaching on “Living Supernaturally in the Natural World.” She will be talking about the supernatural things God has promised us with – dreams, visions and prophecies. Children and youth also meet at this time. The final days of the year for these services are Nov. 13-14.
We are in need of a volunteer to be in the rotation of donut pick-up and delivery to the church. Right now, it would probably require two months out of the year unless others volunteered. We have three others in the rotation now. If you would like to be a part of making people very happy, please contact Pastor Lyndal at email@example.com or 584-0635.
· We have a woman who is in need of a bed, preferably a queen size. If you have a decent bed to donate, please contact Pastor Lyndal at the email or phone listed above.
Please check the calendar below for more information. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· People of Praise community group led by Eli/Danielle Ramos, meets at 4 p.m. each Sunday at the church.
· Gary Jones leads a class called “Fight!” at 6:30 p.m. at the church.
· Women’s class, study “The Quest” by Beth Moore, meets at 9 a.m., in the classroom. Led by Chantell Hicks and Jennifer Kiser
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
· Better Together marriage/couples group, led by Mike/Tina Hadley and Joe/Jody MacInnis, 6:30 p.m., at the church
· Intercessory prayer is at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. This class is led by Jennifer Martin, Danielle Ramos and Linsey Beggs.
· J.R. Duncan leads a men’s study of the “Conquer” book at 9 a.m. at the church.
· November 4 – First Fruits Offering (MORE Angels)
· November 4 – Daylight Savings Time (fall back one hour)
· November 6 – Election Day
· November 11 – Our week to feed the homeless
· November 13-14 – Tuesday-Wednesday services end for the year
· November 17 – MORE Holiday Craft Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· November 18 – Water baptism
· November 22 – Thanksgiving Day
· November 25 – Baby dedication
· December 2 – First Fruits Offering
· December 8 – MORE Angels shopping/wrapping, 9 a.m.
· December 9 – Our week to feed the homeless
· December 13 – Ladies Night Out Christmas Dinner, 6:30 p.m.
· December 14 – Polar Express night for children, 6:30 p.m..
· December 16 – Water baptism
· December 23 – Baby dedication
· December 24 – Christmas Eve service, 5:30 p.m.
· December 25 – Christmas Day
· December 30 – Youth week to feed the homeless
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., GROW classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-10th graders
· Sunday: 4 p.m., POP Community Group, fellowship hall
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., healing/prophetic rooms, worship/prayer
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., adults, youth and children
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for David Stickrod who will have a kidney biopsy on Wednesday. His kidney functionality is very low and there are some risks with the procedure.
· Pray for Jennifer Martin who will have back surgery Friday in Plano. She will be out of commission for several weeks.
· Pray for Mitzi Palmer who is recovering from two surgeries on Oct. 24.
· Pray for Tina Thrasher’s daughter who will have her first child delivered by C-section on Nov. 7. It was originally scheduled for Wednesday.
· Pray for Tina’s other daughter who has a colon/GI issue that has become serious.
· Pray for Jane Barnes who will be having knee surgery on Nov. 13.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Becky Rowlins’ grandson, Zander (chemo/radiation); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 10/21/18 offering was $14,675.90. Offering for Sunday, 10/28/18, was $9,677.44. Year-to-date giving is $617,766.39. Budget is $602,000. Attendance was 538 and 530.
Thoughts for the week:
· “There’s only one boy out there and it’s the one you’re talking to.” (Cal Farley)
· Someone once wrote to me (Pastor Lyndal), “…something worth considering about ourselves as we journey from now to no more, Am I a mooch or a mentor? You don’t raise kids collectively near as much as you raise them individually.” Someone else (unknown to me) once said, “You impress from a distance but you influence from up close.”
GROW at MORE is essentially sunday school with ever changing topics of study including: Hosting God's Presence, Parenting, Dream Interpretation and there's also GROW Kids.
Sunday MorningTwo Services: 9 & 10:30 AM9 AM Intercessory prayer & morning classes
Sunday Night at MORE6:30 Community Groups
Rooms at MORE on Tuesday Night6:30-8 PM Prayer Room6:30-8 PM Healing/Prophetic Rooms
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30 Pressing In: Prayer, Prophetic & Praise6:30 Children's and Youth Activities6:30 Community Groups
©2018 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.