THE WEEKLY UPDATE
(September 5, 2018)
Happy birthday to my favorite philosopher and counselor. Yep. Bob Newhart was born on this date in 1929. His advice to one woman on TV struggling with a real-life problem still answers myriad questions even today. That sage advice? “Stop it.” Thanks, Bob.
Tonight, is the first in a weekly series of Wednesday teachings by Patti Conner. Patti will be teaching on “Living Supernaturally in the Natural World.” She will be talking about the supernatural things God has promised us with – dreams, visions and prophecies. Church begins at 6:30 p.m.
This is our week to feed the homeless. Please bring your meals Sunday and put them on the table near the southwest entrance. For more information, contact Bobbi Standish at 570-8143.
The healing/prophetic rooms and worship/prayer nights returned last night. Join us 6:30-8:00 p.m. each Tuesday for a great time in the Lord. Let our teams pray for you to be healed or to share God’s heart for you. The prayer rooms will focus on the fruit of the spirit for the next several months. September’s focus will be on love. Remember, the rooms are first come, first serve.
J.R. Duncan’s new Sunday morning class begins at 9 a.m. this week. The Conquer study will teach men how to walk in sexual integrity and become the man God has called them to be. It is open for men 16 years old and up.
Troy and Camelia Johnson will resume their community group on Sept. 19th. The group meets at 6:30 p.m., the first and third Wednesday of the month. Their new address is 918 Resenda in Westcliff. Contact Troy and Camelia for more information.
Children’s church will be having a lock-in for 2nd-5th graders on Sept. 21. Drop the children off at the children’s check-in area at 6 p.m. We will feed them supper and have plenty of snacks to get through the night. Please pick them up at 8:30 a.m., Sept. 22. Each child needs to bring pajamas, pillow, sleeping bag or blanket, toothbrush/toothpaste and clean clothes for Saturday. We will serve them breakfast Saturday morning. For more information, contact Kim Golden at 683-0919 or Amber Howe at 477-2273.
Mike and Tina Hadley will resume their marriage community group “Better Together” at 6:30 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 23, at the church. They will be co-leading with Joe and Jody MacInnis. Childcare is available.
Kathryn Roach’s new EP, Speak To Me, will be released at the church on Sept. 30. The EP has three songs written by Kathryn and Linsey Beggs. You will be able to buy one for $5 each.
CareNet Pregnancy Center has scheduled their Walk for Life for Sept. 8. The event, an annual fundraiser, will be at 9 a.m. at their office, 6709 Woodward. Walkers do not have to collect money. They just have to gather sponsors/donors and walk two miles. For more information, call 354-2288. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Please check the calendar below for more information. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Gary Jones leads a life recovery class at 6:30 p.m. at the church. They are studying the Beth Moore book, The Quest.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Sunday of each month.
· Better Together marriage/couples group, led by Mike/Tina Hadley and Joe/Jody MacInnis, 6:30 p.m., church (resumes Sept. 23)
· Intercessory prayer is at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday in the Red Room near the southwest entrance. This class is led by Jennifer Martin, Danielle Ramos and Linsey Beggs.
· September 5 – Patti Conner begins teaching Wednesday series, 6:30 p.m.
· September 9 – Our week to feed the homeless
· September 9 – Men’s Conquer class begins, 9 a.m.
· September 16 – Water baptism
· September 19 – Troy/Camelia Johnson community group resumes
· September 21-22 – Children’s lock in
· September 23 – Baby dedication
· September 23 – Better Together marriage/couples group returns
· October 7 – First Fruits Offering
· October 14 – Our week to feed the homeless
· October 18 – Ladies Night Out – Bunco, 6:30 p.m.
· October 21 – Water baptism
· October 28 – Baby dedication
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., GROW classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-10th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., adults, youth and children
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Chuck Melear who has been healed of cancer twice. He has had some potentially bad activity in his neck where he’s had cancer before.
· Pray for Wanda Cummings who fell and cut her head. She also has pneumonia.
· Pray for Marsha Hardin who has not been feeling well.
· Pray for Scott Hensley, PREP graduate, who is battling kidney disease.
· Pray for Cindy, mother-in-law of Tillee Secoy, who has been hospitalized with bleeding in her kidneys. She also has cancer. Tillee is a former member and daughter of Mary Ann Miller.
· One of our former members, John Morgan, who lives on the East Coast, asked us to pray for his church who is looking for a worship leader.
· Pray for Edna Zack who has a frozen shoulder and will have September surgery.
· Pray for Becky Rowlins who will have back surgery Sept. 19.
· Pray for Mitzi Palmer who has completed three of six chemo treatments.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Kay McClure, Debra Crump’s sister (chemo/leukemia); Becky Rowlins’ grandson, Zander (chemo/radiation); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 9/4/18 offering was $11,248.44. Year-to-date giving is $498,903.28. Budget is $490,000. Attendance was 466. September FFO for PREP so far is $2,964.37.
Thoughts for the week:
Selected quotes from Cal Farley, founder of Cal Farley’s Boys Ranch:
· “A boy who loves and respects his parents will never be delinquent.”
· “All boys are born with a certain amount of devilment in them. Whether they become community problems or community assets depends largely on the first 10 years of parental association.”
· “A boy is the only thing God can use to make a man.”
Only in this world:
· Do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
· Don banks leave vault doors open and chain the pens to the counters.
Ever wonder why the sun lightens our hair but darkens our skin?
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
GROW at MORE is essentially sunday school with ever changing topics of study including: Hosting God's Presence, Parenting, Dream Interpretation and there's also GROW Kids.
Sunday MorningTwo Services: 9 & 10:30 AM9 AM Intercessory prayer & morning classes
Sunday Night at MORE6:30 Community Groups
Rooms at MORE on Tuesday Night6:30-8 PM Prayer Room6:30-8 PM Healing/Prophetic Rooms
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30 Pressing In: Prayer, Prophetic & Praise6:30 Children's and Youth Activities6:30 Community Groups
©2018 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.