THE WEEKLY UPDATE
On this date in 1624 in Mexico, riots flared when it was announced that all churches were to be closed. I wonder if that would happen today in any country.
Our Wednesday services continue this evening at 6:30 p.m. This will include healing/prophetic rooms, worship/prayer, children and youth.
The Men to Shepherds group, led by J.R. Duncan, will resume meeting at 9a.m. each Sunday on Jan. 19. This spring, the men’s class will talk about salvation and what it looks like. They also will incorporate the book, “Mansfield’s Book of Manly Men: An Utterly Invigorating Guide to Being Your Most Masculine Self,” by Stephen Mansfield.
We have a women’s fellowship coming up, 9 a.m. to noon, Feb. 1, at the church. This will be a Valentine card making activity for girls and women of all ages. There will be childcare available. Contact Krista Blankenburg for information. Donations will be accepted to help with the cost of supplies.
The women of MORE are invited to a retreat at El Porvenir Christian Camp in Las Vegas, NM, March 26-29. This trip is limited to the first 44. The cost is $175 (which includes lodging and meals). A $50 non-refundable deposit is due upon sign-up. The rest of the money is due by March 15. The retreat, Captivating Core, is led through video sessions by Stasi Eldredge. For more information, contact Becky Waldrip or Krista Blankenburg.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· The Men’s to Shepherd’s Sunday class will resume at 9 a.m. on Jan. 19. See above for more information.
· Women’s class, The Rescue: Setting Captives Free by Dee Brestin, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
· January 19 – Water baptism
· January 26 – Baby dedication
· February 1 – Women’s Valentine card making fellowship, 9 a.m. to noon
· February 2 – First Fruits Offering for security upgrades
· February 9 – Our week to feed the homeless
· February 16 – Water baptism
· February 21 – Ladies Fun Night, TBD
· February 23 – Baby dedication
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, youth service for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Wednesday services
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
Praises and Testimonies:
· Doctors have figured out what was causing seizures for Vivian Sanchez’s grandson. It was nothing major and he is doing much better.
· Pray for former member Cha Cha DeRuyver. She had an abnormal sonogram report on a breast she had cancer in five years ago. She will have another sonogram on Jan. 22.
· Pray for Cathy Thompson who had double knee replacement. She is scheduled to go home from rehab on Friday.
· Pray for Tisha Stinson’s mom, Dorothy, who had surgery recently.
· Pray for Delinda Flake’s granddaughter, Birdie, who has had a long battle with TB. She had surgery recently.
· Pray for Marsha Hardin’s daughter, Dana Hill, who may have ovarian cancer. Continue to pray for Marsha as well. She has been having her own health struggles lately.
· Pray for Arnold, uncle of Breana Garcia, who has diabetes. He can no longer walk.
· Pray for Jamie Miller’s husband, Ryan Davies, who is dealing with complications from back surgery. He is not able to work.
· Pray for Shelly Mixon’s unborn grandbaby who is due in March. A sonogram showed that its intestines are outside the body. The parents were told the baby will need surgery upon birth.
· Pray for Pastor Seth and wife Anastina from Tanzania (a ministry we have helped in the past). She is ill with a stomach tumor and mental issues.
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 01/12/20 offering was $10,427.82. Year-to-date is $28,697.30. Budget is $30,200. Attendance was 472.
Thought for the week:
· “The truth will set you free. But first it will make you miserable.” (Richard Rohrs)
“I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister.” (Will Marsh)
“Why doesn’t the fattest man in the world become a hockey goalie?” (Steven Wright)
“My children love my mother and I tell my children, ‘That’s not the same woman I grew up with. That is an old woman trying to get into heaven now.’” (Bill Cosby)
“You have to remember one thing about the will of the people. It wasn’t that long ago that we were swept away by the Macarena.” (Jon Stewart)
“Today, I will live in the moment…unless it’s unpleasant, in which case I will eat a cookie.” (Cookie Monster)
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2020 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.