THE WEEKLY UPDATE
Well, school has begun and summer is slowly fading out of sight. We, however, are just heating up. Check out all the new classes and things we have planned.
This weekend is the first Sunday of the month so it’s time for the First Fruits Offering. This month’s offering will benefit Patsy’s Place in Amarillo, Part of Sharing Hope Ministries, Patsy’s Place is a transitional home for women coming out of incarceration. MORE has supported this ministry off and on since the home opened several years ago. In fact, we have several current and former women from Patsy’s Place in our congregation. Please help us support this ministry with a gift above your tithe.
We have a few new classes this fall that you may be interested in:
· J.R. Duncan leads the Men’s to Shepherd’s group through Experiencing God at 9 a.m. each Sunday. It’s open to all men.
· Gary and Laura Jones are teaching Experiencing God through their life recovery group that meets at 6:30 p.m. each Sunday. This is open to all men and women. Childcare is provided.
· Chantell Hicks is leading a book study of The Shack. The class, for women only, meets at 9 a.m. each Sunday. You can get the book from Chantell.
· Please check our website, www.ilovemore.org, for information on more classes and/or community groups.
Jennifer Martin will be leading a women’s book study on Sunday evenings beginning Sept. 8 at the church. The book, It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way, can be purchased online or at Mardel. The class will be a 6:30 p.m. at the church. Childcare is available.
Next Wednesday, Sept. 4, we will begin our fall Wednesday services. This includes healing/prophetic rooms, worship/prayer as well as children and youth services. All services begin at 6:30 p.m. On this first night, the children and youth will have a cookout with a snow cone machine, water games, worship and devotionals.
The first Wednesday of every month in the fall will be a healing and ministry service led by Daniel and Krista Blankenburg. Those dates are Sept. 4, Oct. 2 and Nov. 6. We also will have another ministry time during both services on Sunday, Oct. 20.
Signups for our 20th anniversary celebration will begin on Sept. 8. We will have more information available on that next week. In November, we will celebrate 20 years as a church. So, all members of MORE are invited to a special dinner and fellowship on Nov. 20 at Legacy Hall on the WTAMU campus. The event will be for people ages 10 and up. It will cost $10 per person but we will refund your money if you show up. Children nine and under will actually enjoy an evening in the childcare area at Trinity Fellowship Church. They have offered to help us and it is on the way to WT.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Women’s class, The Shack, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
· Experiencing God, led by J.R. Duncan, for men, 9 a.m.
· Experiencing God, led by Gary/Laura Jones, for anyone, 6:30 p.m.
· Women’s book study, led by Jennifer Martin, 6:30 p.m., (begins Sept. 8)
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
· September 1 – First Fruits Offering for Patsy’s Place
· September 4 – Wednesday services return, 6:30 p.m.
· September 6-7 – Kids overnight camp at MORE
· September 8 – Our week to feed the homeless
· September 15 – Water baptism
· September 22 – Baby dedication
· September 29 – Youth feed the homeless
· October 6 – First Fruits Offering
· October 13 – Our week to feed the homeless
· October 17 – Ladies Night Out, 6:30 p.m., Bunco/potluck dinner
· October 20 – Water baptism
· October 27 – Baby dedication
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Mary Lucero’s son, Donny and wife Mary, whose son died unexpectedly this week. He was 37.
· Pray for Carol Vansickle’s brother-in-law who had a stroke.
· Pray for Mary Pitts’ brother-in-law, Gary and wife Pat, who were in a severe auto accident in Nebraska.
· Pray for Tiffany Novakowski’s great aunt, Norma, from Michigan. She has colon cancer and needs surgery when she’s strong enough.
· Pray for Doris Collins’ eyes, especially the left one, which is the main one she can see out of. She is experiencing vision issues and detaching retinas.
· Pray for Elaine Standish who needs prayer for long-term health issues.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 08/18/19 offering was $18,570.26. Sunday, 08/25/19 offering was $12,204.32. Year-to-date giving is $521,903.63. Budget is $506,600. Attendance was 440 and 437.
Thought for the week:
· Courage – comes from the Latin word “cor” – The original meaning is, “Tell the story of who you are with your whole heart.”
A three-year-old had been told several times to get ready for bed. The last time his mom told him, she was very insistent. His response was, “Yes, sir!”
Correcting him, she said, “You would say, ‘yes, sir’ to a man. I am a lady and you would say ‘yes, ma’am’ to a lady.” To quiz him on this lesson, she then asked him, “What would you say to daddy?”
“Yes, sir!” came the reply. “Then what would you say to mama?” “Yes, ma’am!” he proudly answered. “Good job. Now what would you say to grandma?”
He lit up and said, “Can I have a cookie?”
There was a two-car accident. The driver of the car that was rear-ended was a dwarf. He got out of his car, looked the damage and said, “I’m not happy.”
The other driver said, “Well, which one are you then?”
Q: What did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they got married?
Q: How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?
A: Ten tickles.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nights6:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.