THE WEEKLY UPDATE
On this day in 2018, the oldest evidence of bread, made from wild grains, was discovered in a 14,000-year-old dig in the Black Desert, Jordan. Archaeologists just tore off the moldy part and ate the rest.
Well, it’s going to be almost 100 degrees today so what is the best way to end the day? That’s right, MORE night at the pool. Join us from 7-9 p.m. for a church pool party. It’ll be just us for swimming, sand volleyball and fellowship. You can come visit even if you don’t want to swim. See ya this evening.
For those who missed last Sunday, we are selling new shirts, caps and tote bags to celebrate our 20th year as a church. All items are $12 each. Come get some.
Thanks to all the ladies who signed up for the Santa Fe trip. The next step is your final payment which is due Sept. 8. Then, it’s clear sailing until a nice getaway in November.
Please check the calendar below for more information on what’s going on at the church. You also can go to our website at www.ilovemore.org or visit us on Facebook.
Sunday groups and classes:
· Women’s class, led by Chantell Hicks, 9 a.m.
· Community group led by Patrick/Shelly Wood, 3110 Sunlite, meets at 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
· Intercessory prayer, led by Jennifer Martin and Linsey Beggs, 9 a.m., in the Red Room near the southwest entrance.
Monday groups and classes:
· MORE Recovery group, led by Stephanie Hansen, 5:30 p.m., MORE
· Crump Church, 6:30 p.m., MORE
· July 17 – Church swimming party, 7-9 p.m., SW Pool
· July 21 – Water baptism
· July 28 – Baby dedication
· July 31-Aug. 1 – Youth to Ceta Canyon
· August 4 – First Fruits Offering
· August 10 – Men’s pancake breakfast, 9 a.m.
· August 11 – Our week to feed the homeless
· August 15 – Ladies Night Out, movie night/movie food, 6:30 p.m.
· August 18 – Men’s to Shepherd’s class returns, Experiencing God, 9 a.m.
· August 18 – Water baptism
· August 18 – Unify City Prayer Gathering, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Civic Center
· August 25 – Baby dedication
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Classes (adults and children)
· Sunday: 9:00 a.m., Intercessory prayer
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Sunday service
· Sunday: 9:00 and 10:30 a.m., Children’s church
· Sunday: After 10:30 a.m. worship, MORE JV for 6th-12th graders
· Sunday: Homeless meals needed second Sunday of each month
· Sunday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., classes and community groups
· Monday: 5:30-6:30 p.m. – MORE Recovery…All or Nothing group
· Monday: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Crump Church
· Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Justin/Cara Young group, 1929 S. Harrison
· Weekly – Community groups that meet periodically (www.ilovemore.org)
· Pray for Doris Collins who is having eye surgery today.
· Pray for Tammy Bailey. She had her annual checkup and it came back abnormal. Doctors have taken X-rays and she will have a CT scan to look for possible ovarian cancer, lung cancer and/or Crohn’s disease.
· Pray for Elaine Standish who is being treated for a blood clot in her leg.
· Pray for Don Walters, Robin Stone’s father, who is in BSA with heart and breathing trouble.
· Pray for Paula Butler’s cousin Tina and husband Chuck, who is in a wheelchair. He is diabetic and has a broken foot that is infected.
· Pray for Vicki Line as she recovers from surgery.
· Pray for Gene Gore, Charlie Gore’s cousin, who is in the VA Hospital with dehydration and having his kidneys checked out.
· Pray for Kenneth “Gabby” Hinds who is having a lot of pain in his legs and feet.
· Pray for Delinda Flake’s sister, Cindy, who has some spots on her lung.
· Pray for Tiffany Novakowski, daughter of Charlene Mann, who has been having some health issues and may need colon surgery.
· Pray for Cara Young who is experiencing extreme flare-ups of her long-time health symptoms.
· Pray for Mike Hadley who is recovering from double hip replacement surgery.
· Pray for those with long-term health issues: Chuck Melear (throat cancer); Wayne Stevens (lung cancer); Tim Murphy (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease); Ronnie Mullins (long-term recovery from auto accident).
· Pray for family and friends in our congregation who are struggling with meth, alcohol and other addictions.
· Pray for Martin and Rebekah Neil and their ministry Voices from the Nations.
· In addition, please pray for all of our military personnel, leaders, president and cabinet members.
Sunday, 07/14/19 offering was $19,980.40. Year-to-date giving is $436,679.00. Budget is $417,200. Attendance was 490.
Thoughts for the week:
· Galatians 1:10 – Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant. (NLT)
· 1 Samuel 16:7 – But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.” (NLT)
· Romans 12:2 – Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (NLT)
· Romans 14:1 – Accept other believers who are weak in faith and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. (NLT)
· Romans 14:22 – You may believe there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing but keep it between yourself and God. Blessed are those who don’t feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right. (NLT)
· “One of the marks of a certain type of bad man is that he cannot give up a thing himself without wanting everyone else to give it up. That is not the Christian way. An individual Christian may see fit to give up all sorts of thing for special reasons – marriage or meat or beer or the cinema. But the moment he starts saying the things are bad in themselves, or looking down his nose at other people who do use them, he has taken a wrong turn.” (C.S. Lewis)
Third grader jokes:
Where do you find a no-legged dog?
Right where you left him.
Bert asked Ernie if he wanted ice cream.
Ernie said, “Sure, Bert.”
Did you hear about the snail that got beat up by two turtles?
He went to the police and they asked him, “Did you get a good look at the turtles who did this to you?”
He said, “No, it all happened so fast.”
Who yelled, “Coming are the British?”
What did the mother buffalo say to her little boy when he went off to school?
When our local doctor began attending church services, the minister was delighted and it wasn’t long before they were helping each other in their work: the minister referring people to the doctor and vice versa.
One referral from the doctor called the church office with a note prescribing the minister’s last four sermons. The minister was most pleased until he discovered the patient’s problem was insomnia.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Proceeds will go to benefit the Thailand Mission Team
Sunday Morning Services9 & 10:30 AMSunday Classes & Groups9 AM
Sunday Nights at MORE6:30-8 PMCommunity Groups & Classes
MORE on Wednesday Nightsis on summer break through August 146:30-8 PM
Healing, Prophetic & Prayer RoomsMORE KidsMORE YouthCommunity Groups
*Childcare provided at the church for these meetings*
©2019 I Love More - MORE Church Amarillo.